A Girl in a Reverie




I did something today,
I never thought I would do.
I looked up for some white in my closet
and picked up any jewellery gifted by you !

I draped the fabric around my waist,
I wore a top to match,
I made it look like a wedding gown.
I did it all in a flash.

I colored my lips and lined my eyes!
I held a huge grin.
I styled my hair and wore a veil
and tried to look more thin...

My room faded into a lawn,
I imagined a lovely crowd,
I saw the mirror as your eyes,
I felt unbelievably proud.

I could picture you before me
Holding a diamond ring.
There appeared a pastor in my head,
I heard the voices sing.

We made our vows, smiled and laughed.
In turns we said "I do".
We hugged and kissed, surrounded in bliss
and between us, emotions flew...

I never thought I would ever want it.
I never dreamed of such a day.
But suddenly now, something changed,
I have never felt this way!

This was the craziest thing I did.
Imagined and wished to change my life.
I know now how much I love you
'cause for the first time, I wanna be someone's wife!

Comments

Post a Comment