A Plan to Protect.....A Friendship so Perfect


(If this is your plan to protect
I think I’ll happily keep pace
I know we have a friendship so perfect
For anything else, there is no space)

Three in the morning
I’m still lying awake
I think I’m missing something
That void makes me shiver and shake

I tell myself, girl let go
I tell myself to move on
But how do I deal with this hollow?
That seems age old but is just newly born

I fake a smile when chatting with you
I pretend not to be affected
As you narrate stories of your one love true
I give you ideas instead

Ideas to make her love you back
Suggestions to make things work out
I know there is nothing that you lack
I know there is nothing for you to be scared about

I try not to think of what was there between us
I try to figure out a way to ignore
Ignore the way we felt for each other
Just the way you started ignoring a while ago!

I knew we had something special
Something that you want no more
But that thing still goes on in a circle
An unending tale of love for sure

You know it still lies somewhere
You know you don’t want it to come out
I know you know that I am aware
And none of us will ever say it out loud!

But I can’t figure it out
I don’t understand what you’re thinking
When alone, I weep, I shout
Then crash down, blankly blinking

I know it’s pointless to ask you
You never agree to explain
What is it that you’re up to?
I keep wondering again and again

There seems to be no end to it
It’s better to leave it this way
I know you don’t love her, it’s just another trick
To keep our friendship protected!

May be that’s how it should remain
After all, that’s the way I used to feel before
Our friendship is too perfect to change
May be it’s the best to let it be so……







Comments