Silly enough to believe

He touched me, he tainted the purity of my soul.
He ate me, he gobbled me up whole.
He killed me, but then brought me back.
He did it again, didn't even try to cover a track.
He played me, thinking I won't ever suspect.
He fooled me, he shattered my self respect.
He used me, just to throw me away.
It didn't occur to him that Karma would have its way.
Though I'm still waiting to watch Karma start to act,
I can't help thinking, I was the one who let him go intact
Yes I made a mistake, one way too grave.
But I managed to thrive, I managed to stay brave.
I thought I'd be intact too, never expected myself in misery.
What I mistook for feelings was dominance and slavery.
He held me like he really cared.
He was protective but there's the despair.
For some time, somewhere I was silly enough to believe,
That he loved me and that he would never leave.


Comments