The taste of perfection, the reason to live

Wrestling with my little girl,
One afternoon, off from work,
I realized how carefree
My laughter was, the way it had ceased to be.

As she beat me in rough play,
I felt every worry fade away.
I suddenly realized how happy
My day was, the way it had ceased to be.

And as I held her, letting her win,
Kissing her cheek as she clung to me,
I suddenly realized how deeply
I'd started to love, she matters more than me

With all that joy surrounding us two,
I knew this perfection was so true.
Even if it lasts for a few moments, 
I know now how it feels, I know it exists.

And I know if I'd to give everything 
For one being
I know I would do it
Without a flutter, without blinking

Nothing else matters
I don't care anymore
As long as she's with me,
I'll go on loving and living a little more...



Comments