An unexpected letter

I don't have to do tricks to prove my loyalty to you.
I don't have to dream about pleasing you all the time.
Our time together doesn't have to mean me obeying you always.
I don't have to roam around you all day long.
I have a life too. 
I have an individuality.
I am different.
But isn't that exactly why you fell for me?
I believe true affection doesn't need to be proven.
But know this.
I remember the day you saved me.
And I am thankful to you for every day after that.
You know you're my world.
I wait for you to come home every day.
Don't you see my excitement when I hear your footsteps?
I lie on my back only before you because there's no one else I would trust to such an extent.
I can't even sleep without you and you know that.
I love every moment that we spend together, playing, talking, cuddling.
I know what you go through and I love to heal you.
Whether it is illness or an aching heart, I would never leave your side.
Because if woofs were the only proof of emotion, you wouldn't be forgetting every worry when I purred!
If canines were love's only definition,
Independence, space and understanding wouldn't have mattered.
But they do and so do you.
You can say you love me,
But I'll show you every day that I love you too!
-A letter from a cat to every cat parent who is tired of hearing the same cliched rant about dogs being a human's best friend, cats being mean or selfish or cunning and blah blah blah!



Comments