She


She'd saved the last bit
"You love it more," said she.
'twas her favorite chicken liver.
But she said it was for me!

Such selfless acts of friendship
I've rarely seen before
Such little expressions of love
Had seemed lost in layers of yore.

But then, she carries in her a madness.
That's frustrating to the core
That's revolting and confusing
But as endearing as my own

A glimmer of hope in times of despair
A soothing caress when I'm lost
A dose of reality when my mind's running wild
The thaw to my eternal frost

A hope to hold on to.
A love I know will last.
A promise that's been unsaid
And yet I know it's my future, my present, my past

She bears with me
Even when I push her away
Her insistence is annoying
But it is the only way

The only way I stay grounded
And I'm saved from the dark
Even when all is fading
I'm held together by her spark

Her love is drowning me
And yet I can't complain
The magic of this devotion
Is like a desert touched by rain

She makes me dream
And pumps me to go on
No matter how tough it gets
No matter how forlorn

I feel. She's right there
Extending her love even more
I feel she's always with me
When not, she's got backup love in store

So, today I offer her
A peek into my soul
Putting all her doubts to rest
Revealing my scars and every hole

That's ever been punched
Into my being
Proof of how much I love her
Proof she'd keep seeing

My innermost thoughts before her
A feeling of sublime
A ritual binding us together
Till the ends of time!


Comments